The patient (and family) is responsible for:
- 1- Respecting the hospital policies, hospital staff, hospital property, and the property and rights of other patients.
- 2- Providing accurate and complete information regarding his/her medical history, present medications and other matters relating to his/her health. Asking all questions related to his/her condition.
- 3- Following treatment plan developed with his/her practitioner.
- 4- Reporting changes in his/her condition or symptoms including pain to a member of the healthcare team.
- 5- The consequences of refusing treatment or not following the practitioner’s instructions.
- 6- Reporting any safety concerns that may affect his/her care.
- 7- Fulfilling his/her financial obligations.